By Inge Zwitserlood
Read Online or Download Classifying hand configurations in Nederlandse Gebarentaal: (Sign Language of the Netherlands) PDF
Best linguistics books
This e-book, derived from the acclaimed Cambridge Encyclopedia of the World's old Languages, describes the traditional languages of Asia Minor, for the benefit of scholars and experts operating in that region. each one bankruptcy of the paintings specializes in anyone language or, in a few cases, a collection of heavily comparable sorts of a language.
Should you have been a Londoner traveling Cornwall might you know the way to realize a grammersow? if you happen to have been from the West kingdom and took a visit as much as Scotland, could you be bewildered if an individual defined you as crabbit? And what when you left your local Belfast for Liverpool, could you recognize if anyone known as you a woollyback?
- Ugaritisch: Kurzgefasste Grammatik mit Übungstexten und Glossar
- Dictionaries: A Very Short Introduction
- Einführung in die germanistische Linguistik
- Methodologie de L'apprentissage D'une Langue
Extra resources for Classifying hand configurations in Nederlandse Gebarentaal: (Sign Language of the Netherlands)
This is illustrated in (8a,b). View from above: (8)a. LOCsigner-visit-LOCMary ‘(I) visit (her)’ b. LOCMary-visit-LOCJohn ‘(she) visits (him)’ In the context, apart from the signer, John and Mary have been assigned to locations in signing space, indicated by dots (J and M respectively). If the signer indicates that he is visiting Mary, the predicate will start near the signer’s location and will use the location of Mary as the endpoint. Similarly, in signing that Mary visits John the signer uses the location of Mary as the begin location and that of John as end location.
Some of these are subdivided into two types. All SASSes indicate entities by their shape and/or size, and within this type of classifier Supalla (1986) distinguishes static SASSes (consisting of a hand configuration only) and tracing SASSes (consisting of a hand configuration and movement of the hand(s) that traces the size and shape of the entity). All SASSes are morphologically complex. They are composed of smaller units, such as the fingers, the hand and even the lower arm, and morphemes that indicate particular shapes such as roundness or angularity.
2. Notice that the sign illustrations I have drawn in this thesis should not be seen as a signer that is opposite of the reader, but as a representation of the reader himself signing, or a mirror view of oneself signing. Chapter 1 28 An inflected form of the verb uses the loci of the referents involved. The begin locus of the predicate is at or near the locus of the visiting referent, its end locus at or near the locus of the visited referent. This is illustrated in (8a,b). View from above: (8)a.