By Arnost Kleinzeller (Eds.)
Read Online or Download Cell Volume Control: Fundamental and Comparative Aspects in Animal Cells PDF
Best microbiology books
Just like the textual content, the laboratory handbook presents a balanced creation to laboratory thoughts and rules which are very important in each one region of microbiology.
Written by means of major specialists within the box as a part of an interdisciplinary pan-European examine software funded via the european, this booklet offers a distinct and complete evaluate of the way microarray expertise can be utilized in appropriately monitoring the main hugely harmful pathogens. essential for public future health companies curious about bioterrorism in addition to all laboratories operating with BSL3 and/or BSL four brokers.
The sensible have to partition the area of viruses into distinguishable, universally agreed upon entities is the final word justification for constructing an endemic class process. due to the fact 1971, the overseas Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) working on behalf of the realm neighborhood of virologists has taken at the activity of constructing a unmarried, common taxonomic scheme for all viruses infecting animals (vertebrate, invertebrates, and protozoa), crops (higher vegetation and algae), fungi, micro organism, and archaea.
A dialogue of the chemical substances produced via organisms dwelling less than severe stipulations which could have capability as medicinal drugs or results in novel medicines for human use. This SpringerBrief bargains with bioactive fabrics from terrestrial extremophiles.
- Mims' Medical Microbiology (5th Edition)
- Cell and Molecular Biology of Plastids
- Oxford Dictionary of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology [revised]
- Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology: Volume 3: The Firmicutes (Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology (Springer-Verlag))
- Biological Safety: Principles and Practices
- Working in Biosafety Level 3 and 4 Laboratories: A Practical Introduction
Additional resources for Cell Volume Control: Fundamental and Comparative Aspects in Animal Cells
Possibilities include inactivation or activation within the plasma membrane itself, or removal to or insertion from submembrane stores. The behavior of toad bladder epithelial cells in these experiments could be described adequately primarily in terms of ion conductances, with initial loss of cell chloride into gluconate medium via a chloride conductance pathway followed, as cell volume decreased, by loss of potassium conductance pathways and decreased sodium pump activity. However, in other epithelia, carrier-mediated chloride movements may be of greater importance.
Moreton, J. L. Oschman, and B. J. ), pp. 285-332. Academic Press, London. Horowitz, S. , and Miller, D. S. (1984). Solvent properties of ground substance studies by cryomicrodissection and intracellular reference-phase techniques. J. Cell Biol. 99, 172s- 179s. Hughes, P. , and Macknight, A. D. C. (1976). The regulation of cellular volume in renal cortical slices incubated in hyposmotic medium. J. Physiol. (London) 257, 137-154. Hughes, P. , and Macknight, A. D. C. (1977). Effects of replacing medium sodium by choline, ’ caesium or rubidium, on water and ion contents of renal cortical slices.
5. The effects on tissue water content of incubation, at 25°C. of renal cortical slices in sodium Ringers alone, or containing ouabain or iodoacetamide. Concentrations (mmollliter) of ouabain used were rabbit, 10, guinea pig, 10, and rat, 15. Media containing iodoacetamide ( I rnmol/liter) were gassed with nitrogen, not oxygen. Slices were all equilibrated for at least 15 min in oxygenated sodium Ringers prior to the start of the experiment. ) 24 A ANTHONY D. C. MACKNIGHT B 4 9 0 e & FIG. 6 . The behavior of rat renal cortical slices reincubated at 25°C at time zero in oxygenated sodium Ringers without (A) or with (B) ouabain (10 mmol/liter).