By Aaron Gustafson
"Adaptive website design not just presents the clearest, most pretty rationalization of innovative enhancement I've ever learn, it's additionally packed jam-packed with useful information pumped without delay into your neocortex via Aaron's hot and pleasant writing kind. in the event you aren't already utilizing innovative enhancement to construct web pages, you quickly will be." --Jeremy Keith, writer, HTML5 for net Designers
"Finally. innovative enhancement defined with an ideal stability of thought and perform. Aaron's take-aways may have you progressively-enhancing your markup, kind and behaviour with ease." --Dan Cederholm, writer, CSS3 For net Designers
"With this forward-thinking booklet Aaron exhibits us that any one can produce available, attractive net reviews with no sacrificing their targets. via innovative enhancement, he'll make it easier to carry designs to existence with no compromising the integrity of content material. I've been studying from Aaron for a few years, and recommend you do the same." --Simon Collison, Co-author, CSS Mastery
"You pay attention the time period 'Progressive Enhancement' bandied approximately as a very good factor, and it completely is. in spite of the fact that, few assets disguise the breadth of the subject in addition to this booklet does. Adaptive website design contains the superior and broadest assurance in an easy-to-read and well-structured book." --Jonathan Snook, Co-author, The artwork and technology of CSS
By Bruce Tate, Curt Hibbs
Ruby on Rails is the super-productive new strategy to enhance full-featuredweb purposes. With Ruby on Rails, robust net functions thatonce took weeks or months to increase can now be produced in a question ofdays. If it sounds too sturdy to be precise, it isn't.
If you're like loads of net builders, you've most likely consideredkicking the tires on Rails - the framework of selection for the newgeneration of net 2.0 builders. Ruby on Rails: Up and Running takes you out for a try out force and indicates you simply how fastRuby on Rails can go.
This compact consultant teaches you the fundamentals of putting in and utilizing boththe Ruby scripting language and the Rails framework for the quickdevelopment of internet functions. Ruby on Rails: Up andRunning covers almost about every little thing youneed - from creating a basic database-backed program toadding intricate Ajaxian beneficial properties and the entire juicy bits in between.While Rails is praised for its simplicity and velocity of development,there are nonetheless a number of steps to grasp at the approach. extra advancedmaterial is helping you map facts to a less than excellent desk, traverse complexrelationships, and construct customized finders. a piece on operating with Ajaxand leisure indicates you ways to use the Rails carrier frameworks to sendemails, enforce internet prone, and create dynamic user-centric webpages. The ebook additionally explains the necessities of logging to findperformance difficulties and delves into different performance-optimizingtechniques.
As new net improvement frameworks cross, Ruby on Rails is the controversy of thetown. And Ruby on Rails: Up and Running can makesure you're in at the dialogue.
By Craig Grannell, Dionysios Synodinos, Victor Sumner
The basic advisor to HTML5 and CSS3 website design has been totally revised from its seriously acclaimed first variation, and up-to-date to incorporate the entire new beneficial properties and top practices of HTML5 and CSS3. This e-book finds all you'll have to layout nice websites which are standards-compliant, usable, and aesthetically exciting, however it won't weigh down you with waffle, thought, or vague details!
You will locate the basic consultant to HTML5 and CSS3 website design necessary at any level of your occupation, with its mix of sensible tutorials and reference fabric. novices will fast decide up the fundamentals, whereas more matured net designers and builders will hold returning to the ebook many times to learn up on strategies they won't have used for some time, or to seem up houses, attributes and different information. This booklet is destined to turn into an in depth buddy, adopting an everlasting position in your desk.
The crucial consultant to HTML5 and CSS3 website design starts with a quick creation to the net and website design, ahead of diving instantly in to HTML5 and CSS3 fundamentals, reusing code, and different top practices you could undertake. The booklet then makes a speciality of crucial components of a profitable site: typography, pictures, navigation, tables, layouts, varieties and suggestions (including ready-made Hypertext Preprocessor scripts) and browser quirks, hacks and bugs.
The crucial advisor to HTML5 and CSS3 website design is totally up to date, protecting help of the latest criteria in the entire most recent browsers, together with IE nine and Firefox four. The final bankruptcy of the ebook offers numerous case experiences to dissect and examine from, together with the entire most well-liked website archetypes—a weblog, a shop entrance, a company domestic web page, and a web gallery. You'll additionally get pleasure from a number of distinctive reference appendices masking CSS, HTML, colour references, entities, and more—any info you must search for should be shut handy.
By Smashing Magazine
Responsive layout isn't just a brand new process — it's a wholly new mind-set. This booklet, "Responsive Design" (eBook #23), offers an outline on responsive website design, exhibiting many occasions and methods during which this technique might be utilized to. Smartphones, drugs, laptops and laptop desktops may well proportion a similar layout, that's tailored in keeping with reveal measurement, platform and orientation of every device.
Learn approximately content material prototyping, device-agnostic layout method, gracefully degrading media queries and navigation styles to accomplish wonderful responsiveness. decide on definitely the right method of a responsive venture and stay away from a few universal error — it's worthy it!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Responsive website design: What it really is and the way to exploit It
- revolutionary And Responsive Navigation
- strategies For Gracefully Degrading Media Queries
- Is There Ever A Justification For Responsive Text?
- how one can Use CSS3 Media Queries To Create A cellular model Of Your Website
- Device-Agnostic method of Responsive internet Design
- content material Prototyping In Responsive internet Design
Formats: PDF, EPUB, Kindle (DRM-free)
Pages: one hundred sixty pages
Released: could 2012
Publisher: Smashing Media GmbH
By Frank Bongers
Jeder, der für das world-wide-web entwickelt, jeder Webdesigner, der die Möglichkeiten von (X)HTML und CSS ausschöpfen möchte, benötigt ein Werk, das vollständig in die Markup-Sprachen einführt. Das Buch bietet umfangreiche Praxisbeispiele für jeden behandelten Tag sowie kommentierte Codebeispiele, die beim Erlernen der Sprache helfen. Validierungen dieser Beispiele anhand der verschiedenen Browserimplementierungen zeigen, wo Stolperfallen und Probleme liegen und welche Lösungen existieren, um diese zu umgehen. Kapitel zur Suchmaschinenoptimierung und zu den Themen Usability und Accessibility machen das Werk zum vollständigen Handbuch - als Lern- und Nachschlagewerk.
By John K. VanDyk
Largely praised for its in–depth assurance of Drupal internals, bestselling Pro Drupal Development has been thoroughly up-to-date for Drupal 6 during this most modern variation, and there are much more tips of the alternate that can assist you extra your self as a certified Drupal developer.
Assuming you recognize the way to set up and convey a typical install on-line, John ok. VanDyk offers every little thing else you want to customise your Drupal deploy despite the fact that you spot healthy. Pro Drupal improvement, moment Edition delves deep into Drupal internals, displaying you ways to take complete good thing about its strong architecture.
What you’ll learn
* the way to create your personal modules, increase your individual subject matters, and convey your individual filters.
* examine the internal workings of every key a part of Drupal, together with consumer administration, periods, the node approach, caching, and a number of the APIs to be had to you.
* observe the way to optimize your Drupal install to accomplish good less than high–load situations.
* achieve the data had to safe your Drupal set up and different most sensible perform techniques.
* discover ways to combine Ajax into and internationalize your Drupal net site.
Who is that this publication for?
Web builders protecting and growing websites with Drupal. it really is assumed that you simply already recognize the fundamentals of Drupal and may be able to set up and convey up a simple set up. This publication takes you deeper into the internals of Drupal and teaches how you can tweak and regulate it with a purpose to create that excellent site. easily placed, while you are operating with Drupal, you wish Pro Drupal improvement, moment Edition.
About the Apress professional Series
The Apress professional sequence books are sensible, specialist tutorials to maintain you on and relocating up the pro ladder.
You have got the activity, now you must hone your talents in those difficult aggressive occasions. The Apress professional sequence expands your abilities and services in precisely the components you wish. grasp the content material of a professional e-book, and you may consistently have the ability to get the task performed in a certified improvement venture. Written via specialists of their box, seasoned sequence books from Apress provide the hard–won strategies to difficulties you are going to face on your expert programming career.
By Chris Sevilleja, Holly Lloyd
Learn how to write suggest Stack purposes from scratch
Want to profit Node.js and AngularJS?
In this ebook, we'll be studying approximately 4 items of software program (MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, and Node.js) and the way they mix to make the nice suggest stack.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll achieve a good real-world knowing of ways to exploit Node and Angular. additionally, you will examine the following:
- Build Node/Express purposes and RESTful APIs from scratch
- Handle CRUD operations with MongoDB
- Build dynamic Angular frontend purposes from scratch
- Build scalable and well-structured suggest applications
- Best practices and methods in software development
- Use Bower and Gulp for effective development
- This publication is largely 3 books in one. Getting all started with Angular, Getting began with Node, and construction functions with Node and Angular.
- RESTful API in Node and exhibit with token established authentication
- Angular token dependent authentication
- MEAN stack CRM to control users
- Starter suggest app with Bower and Gulp
- And more...
You'll have the information to construct not only suggest apps, yet standalone Node and standalone Angular purposes as well.
What You'll Build
You’ve most likely heard of the suggest stack round the net and feature been thinking about what’s so nice approximately it. construction with the 4 suggest parts can create not just awesome functions, but in addition a speedier and more uncomplicated improvement process.
By Matthew MacDonald
HTML5 is greater than a markup language—it’s a suite of numerous self sustaining net criteria. thankfully, this accelerated consultant covers every little thing you wish in a single handy position. With step by step tutorials and real-world examples, HTML5: The lacking Manual exhibits you the way to construct internet apps that come with video instruments, dynamic pictures, geolocation, offline gains, and responsive layouts for cellular devices.
The vital belongings you have to know:
• Structure websites extra effectively. learn the way HTML5 is helping website design instruments and se's paintings smarter.
• Add audio and video with no plugins. construct playback pages that paintings in each browser.
• Create wonderful visuals with Canvas. Draw shapes, photos, and textual content; play animations; and run interactive games.
• Jazz up your pages with CSS3. upload fancy fonts and crowd pleasing results with transitions and animation.
• Design larger internet forms. acquire info from viewers extra successfully with HTML5 shape elements.
• Build it as soon as, run it everywhere. Use responsive layout to make your web site glance strong on pcs, pills, and smartphones.
• Include wealthy computing device features. construct self-sufficient internet apps that paintings offline and shop the information clients desire.
By Andrew Pinkham
Django is an amazingly strong process for developing sleek, dynamic web content. yet programming Django hasn’t consistently been easy–until now. Django Unleashed is your step by step, beginner-friendly advisor to leveraging Django’s middle services and its strong contributed library. You’ll research within the optimal manner attainable: fingers on, by way of construction an absolutely practical Django web site from scratch. You’ll even installation the web site to the cloud. As you construct your web site, professional Django advisor and coach Andrew Pinkham unearths how web content function; how Django makes development web pages effortless; tips to write Python code that leverages its substantial functions; and the way to construct strategies which are powerful, trustworthy, and safe. You’ll commence easily and discover ways to resolve more and more difficult difficulties: gaining knowledge of new beneficial properties and realizing how Django’s structure shapes their habit, and gaining crucial wisdom for operating with any internet framework, not only Django. Drawing on his vast event instructing Django, Pinkham solutions the foremost questions rookies ask commonly. And as you achieve event, you’ll examine complex concepts for boosting web site performance and function, strengthening protection, selling code reuse, and lots more and plenty extra. distinctive info on how to…
• fast commence a brand new Django venture and identify a powerful starting place for a growing to be site
• outline how your information is equipped and create a SQLite database to control it
• quick produce HTML with Django templates
• Create dynamic webpages with Django’s URL styles and perspectives, together with functionality perspectives, class-based perspectives, and standard views
• allow effective, trustworthy facts enter with Django kinds and customized shape validations
• comprehend the Model-View-Controller (MVC) structure, evaluate it to Model-Template-Views, and achieve a holistic knowing of Django’s structure
• Write as little code as attainable, simplify code reuse, and mitigate software program decay through adhering to the Don’t Repeat your self paradigm.
• Dive into Django resource code to troubleshoot problems
• expand web site performance with Django’s contributed library
• guard your web site with person authentication and permissions
• steer clear of safety pitfalls resembling SQL Injection, XSS, and CSRF
• Optimize web site performance
• install your website to a controlled cloud provider and to a PostgreSQL database
By Tom Brinck, Darren Gergle, Scott D. Wood
Every level within the layout of a brand new site is a chance to fulfill or leave out time cut-off dates and budgetary pursuits. each level is a chance to spice up or undercut the site's usability.
This ebook tells you ways to layout usable websites in a scientific approach acceptable to nearly any enterprise desire. You get functional recommendation on coping with the venture and incorporating usability rules from the project's inception. This systematic usability technique for website design has been constructed via the authors and confirmed many times of their personal profitable businesses.
A beacon in a sea of website design titles, this booklet treats site usability as a preeminent, functional, and realizable enterprise objective, no longer a buzzword or abstraction. The booklet is written for internet designers and net undertaking managers looking a stability among usability targets and enterprise matters.
* Examines the full spectrum of usability concerns, together with structure, navigation, graphical presentation, and web page structure.
* Explains basically the stairs proper to incorporating usability into each degree of the internet improvement method, from requisites to initiatives research, prototyping and mockups, to person checking out, revision, or even postlaunch evaluations.
* contains kinds, checklists, and useful strategies so you might simply comprise into your personal tasks at http://www.mkp.com/uew/.